An online calculator for N-P-K fertilizers.
The University Of Minnesota Extension
Offers a wealth of information on gardening, horticulture, farming, and many other subjects.
- Soil Test Interpretations and Fertilizer Management (PDF)
- Yard & Garden Info
- Urban Gardens and Soil Contaminants (2010) - collaboration of the Extension, Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture and Hennepin County.
- Lead in the Home Garden and Urban Soil Environment (2016)
- Nutrient Management Site
- Crop Calculators
- Crop Production
- Minnesota Soil Management Series
- Nutrient Management for Commercial Fruit and Vegetables (PDF)
- Corn Fertilizer Bulletin
- Fertilizing Corn in Minnesota (2022)
- A Soil N Test Option For N Recommendations With Corn (.doc)
- Phosphorus and Potassium
- Micro- and secondary nutrients
State of Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)- Gardening in Urban Soil (updated 11/2021)
- MDA Gardening in Urban Soil website
- MDA Lead Contaminated Soil website
Natural Resources Conservation Service
General background information on soils.
UMN Research Analytical Laboratory
For University researchers and other public service agencies (inorganic chemical analyses available on a wide variety of materials).
Department of Soil, Water, and Climate
This department has a wide variety of experts and researchers on issues related to soils and nutrient management and is the home department for the Soil Testing Laboratory.