Are you curious about the plant nutrients in your soil for growing veggies, flowers, trees, grass? You have come to the right place! Send us your soil samples and we can give you a good idea of the NPK ratio to add to your soil.
We have new prices as of January 1, 2023. Proceed to the appropriate page, below to see the new prices. You can collect and send samples to us any time of the year!
Proceed to the relevant pages to see how to collect and submit samples:
- Lawns, gardens (flowers/veg), including trees, small fruits and shrubs
- Farms, fields, wildlife plots, horticulture crops
- Florists, greenhouses, nursery tests
- Liming materials
- Plant samples for greenhouses and nurseries
- Professional turf and lawn lawn care
- Basal stalk nitrate for corn
STRAL out in the News and public
- Inside the soil testing lab at the University of Minnesota - by Kare 11 - May 22, 2023
- Growing pains? U of MN's Soil Testing Lab to the Rescue! - May 21, 2023
- Get the dirt on your soil - at STRAL - April 13, 2023
- Fall Soil Sampling - October 19, 2022
- The Farmer
- Minnesota Farm Guide
- UMN Extension: Minnesota Crops News Blog
The University of Minnesota Soil Testing Laboratory is part of the Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station. We provide high quality testing services to the public, universities, private companies, as well as state and federal agencies.