The tests provided here are for evaluating soil fertility, pH level, and/or problems due to excessive salts or fertilizer materials. Based on the test results and type of plants to be grown, you will be sent the appropriate fertilizer recommendation for good plant growth without adverse effects on the environment.
How to Submit Samples for Analysis
- Follow the instructions for collecting soil samples linked on the right side of the page.
- Place sample in a tightly sealed container or bag (like a clean, disposable food container or bag)
- Download & Print the Professional Turf Management Analysis Request form pro-turf-mgmt.-anal.-request-form_updated.pdf
- Enclose a check payable to the University of Minnesota for all services requested. Prices are listed on the form. Do NOT send cash - we cannot not be responsible for cash sent through the mail.
- Send the soil sample(s), money, and information sheet to us at:
Soil Testing Laboratory, University of Minnesota
1902 Dudley Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
Alternatively, you can bring it to us in person to:
Room 135, Crops Research Building, University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus. See Contact Us for directions.
Tests Offered (with recommendations)
- Regular Series (phosphorus, potassium, pH and lime requirement, organic matter (%) and estimated texture class)
- Soluble Salts (from excess fertilizer or road salt)