The Soil Testing and Research Analytical Laboratories are comprised of two laboratory units operating together as one.
Attention Florist, Greenhouse and Nursery customers!
The week of Thanksgiving, media and water analyses will NOT be ran
Testing will resume the first week of December.
Current turn around time: 7-10 business days
Effective April 15th, 2013 rates have changed and there are all new soil sample information forms.
Please discard any previously printed forms you may have.
The Soil Testing Laboratory provides routine soil testing and fertilizer recommendation services to:
Why should you have your soil tested? Soil testing:
- takes the guesswork out of fertilizer recommendations;
- makes good economic sense; and
- ensures fertile soil without excess fertilizer application or pollution of the environment.
Our fertilizer recommendations are:
- based on laboratory results, soil characteristics, past crop history, and crop nutrient requirements; and
- specific to Minnesota locations and conditions.
The Soil Testing and Research Analytical Laboratories are comprised of two laboratory units operating together as one. For inorganic elemental analytical chemistry, please visit the Research Analytical Laboratory’s Web page. The Research Analytical Laboratory serves university researchers, government agencies and public service groups.