The Soil Testing and Research Analytical Laboratories are comprised of two laboratory units operating together as one.
Attention Soil Testing, Greenhouse and Florist Customers:
For Thanksgiving week, we will be running our Florist Testing Service on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 25 and 26. For testing that week, please have your samples at our Lab by noon on Tuesday, the 25th. Reports will then be sent out on Wednesday afternoon
The Lab will be CLOSED Thursday and Friday (11/27 and 11/28)
The Soil Testing Laboratory provides routine soil testing and fertilizer recommendation services to:
agricultural lime producers
commercial vegetable/fruit growers
industrial lawn/landscape specialists
Why should you have your soil tested? Soil testing:
- takes the guesswork out of fertilizer recommendations;
- makes good economic sense; and
- ensures fertile soil without excess fertilizer application or pollution of the environment.
Our fertilizer recommendations are:
- based on laboratory results, soil characteristics, past crop history, and crop nutrient requirements; and
- specific to Minnesota locations and conditions.
For the regular test (which includes P, K, pH and organic matter);
$17 per sample for lawn and garden samples and
$15 per sample for agricultural samples
The Soil Testing and Research Analytical Laboratories are comprised of two laboratory units operating together as one. For inorganic elemental analytical chemistry, please visit the Research Analytical Laboratory’s Web page. The Research Analytical Laboratory serves university researchers, government agencies and public service groups.